Monday 18 February 2008

My lovely new job!

Yay!

This is what I wanted to blog about last time.

I've just started my second week as a supply Special Support Assistant at a primary school which is conveniently close to home. I love it. I'm working with a child in Year 6 who is so lovely and so positive in his outlook despite being aware that he's not working at the same level as the rest of his class, and despite the frustrations his difficulties are causing him.

I'll probably be working with him until July when he leaves to move up to High School.
The school itself has been very supportive of me - they know it's my first post since I qualified last summer and all the staff and the other children in the class have been immensely welcoming.

It's a shame it's only 15 hours a week, just in the mornings, as I could happily work there all day!
Oh well. Maybe another school will offer me some more hours. I hope so, as 15 a week is just below the Tax Credits threshold, which is going to cause us problems unless either I or Sean can find something to make up the shortfall.

No comments: